The First Baptist Church of Osceola will serve as one of six sites across Missouri hosting a three-class series on farmers needing to plan for transferring their operation to the next generation. The University of Missouri Extension series will begin Thursday, January 17th, according to ag business specialist Darla Campbell.
Classes on January 24th will focus on succession planning, and the last class on January 31st will center on Missouri’s probate law. Campbell says presenters will be spread across the six sites, fielding questions from each of the locations.
The deadline to register is 5 p.m. Friday. To register for the class or for more information, you can contact Darla Campbell at 660-457-3469 or your county’s Extension office. She was our guest Tuesday afternoon on Ag Insight:
Estate planning classes will take place at these locations in January:
- MU Extension Center in Adair County, 503 E. Northtown Road, Kirksville.
- Pike County Courthouse, 115 W. Main, Bowling Green.
- Monroe City Senior Nutrition Center, 314 S. Main St., Monroe City.
- Richland High School, 714 E. Jefferson Ave., Richland.
- Osceola First Baptist Church, 555 Walnut St., Osceola.
- MU Southwest Research Center, 14548 Highway H, Mount Vernon.